Year 11. Mathematical Methods Unit 1
Description: About 50 hours of video tutorial recorded on 35 videos, followed by pdf text reference (about 200 pages) covering all syllabus of Victorian school curriculum for this unit. Each video has its title, depending on content of that video. The content of this tutorial package is:
- Linear Equations and Graph (7 videos in total of 10.4 hours)
- Quadratic Polynomial. Quadratic Equations and Graphs (9 videos in total of 12.5 hours)
- Cubic Polynomial. Cubic Equations and Graphs (6 videos in total of 7.2 hours)
- Functions Relations and Transformations of Graphs (6 videos in total of 9.8 hours)
- Exponential and Logarithmic Equations and Graphs. Part One (7 videos in total of 9.4 hours)
In addition of reasonable volume of theoretical interpretation, there are about 500 questions developed and worked out, every step, on white board by Maths Tutor with over 35 years of experience in teaching/tutoring high school mathematics. All questions were created on the bases of commonly asked students’ questions, past tests, SAC’s and exams, including plenty algebra, application of mathematical theory and development of mathematical concepts and all this with strong focus on tests and exam requirements.
The aim of our video lessons is to consolidate students’ knowledge in all mathematical areas studied earlier and during year 11, as well, to rise their understanding of final VCE examination requirements and on that way to enable them to be well prepared for VCE Mathematical Methods 3 & 4. Special focus is given to:
- Rising up the knowledge of Linear and Quadratic relations to the highest possible standard, as those two areas are widely used on final VCE examination in Methods 3 & 4 but it is not in program for Methods 3 & 4.
- Developing algebra and concept based approach to the highest standard.
- Strategic approach to problem solving, especially textually formulated questions.
- Presentation of commonly made mistakes and technique how to avoid them.
- Speeding up in working out questions while still maintaining high level of accuracy and correct expression of mathematical concepts.
- Dealing with different style of questions.
- 1 PDF